Opening cash drawers issues are usually caused by an issue with the printer the drawer is hooked up to.
After the iPad is turned off and turned on again, it loses the Bluetooth connection with the mPOP printer. This causes the cash drawer won't open and receipt wouldn't come out of the printer either in this case.
To solve this issue, download the mPOP Utility application from the App store on your iPad.
Set up the auto connection for the selected Bluetooth device in the mPOP utility app:
- Enter the mPOP utility app.
- Go to Installation->Pairing and Connect Bluetooth and select your printer on the list (e.g. STAR mPOP-K0159). Make sure that the printer is already connected via Bluetooth with the iPad.
- Tap on the Selected devices and choose mPOP printer from the list.
- Printer should now be visible under the Selected devices.
- Go to Settings->Bluetooth settings and move the Auto Connection slider to the right.Tap Apply button.
- Confirm with Yes to Apply and Continue.
- Switch the printer power button OFF and ON again and confirm with OK afterwards.
- If the connection was successful this message will appear.
In the app:
- Sing into the app.
- Enter the menu and go to Settings->Printers.
- Check if the printer is listed. If not, tap on the Add printer and choose Bluetooth.
- If two printers of the same name appear as connected devices, remove one of them.